Along the Tenryu River

I visited dams and reservoirs along the Tenryu river.


The first one from the downstream is the Funagira dam.

White bar is very beautiful.

 The second one is the Akiha dam. Completed in 1958.

Dredging work was going on in the reservoir


.
 The third one is the famous Sakuma dam. One of the biggest dams in Japan. It is the first modern style dam after the world war II.  They say that the huge amount of sedimentation in the reservoir is the big problem  here.

Lunch was Unagi Bento.



Reservoir of the Sakuma dam is really good!!!

Comments

  1. HI Yasu
    Your blog is nice one and with full of nice pics. I just want to ask that can I use some of your pictures in my master thesis report. I working on modeling sediment transport of Sakuma dam's upstream reach of Tenryu River. I am a student of Lund University doing my masters in Water Resources

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment